The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2005, 08:50 PM   #1
67 JW

My '67 Suburban's Debut

Hi Guy’s and Girl’s, I’ve been following this forum with some interest. Since I am new, I thought I would observe for a while.
This was my attempt at upgrading my 1967 Suburban; I started with a solid, completely rust-free (even the rockers) truck. Before I started the project, I collected all of my major pieces over a three and a half year period. This was a U.S. Corp. of Engineer Utility truck with a 292 Six TH400 with 16in wheels. My plan was to build a Suburban that was dependable, quiet, comfortable (Enough to withstand the high Temps for long stretch’s of driving in July and August in and around the Moab UT area), convenient, handle well and fun to drive. My first purchase was a really good front seat, the rest of the truck’s design both inside and out was based around the front seat. My starting point was to prepare the body by stripping everything out of the inside. Rustproof the floor, doors and body panels. Next install soundproofing and insulation materials on the floor, doors, all body panels and roof. The window glass, rearview mirrors, grill and bumpers are the same one’s that came on the truck.

Specs: 396 engine, TH400, PB, PS, PW, P-Seat, Front Lap/ Shoulder Belts, Keyless Entry (including rear doors)/Start-proof Security System & garage door opener, Tinted windows, Factory air F&R, (Power oscillating rear air vents) Tach, Tilt, & Vacuum gauge, Cruise, in-dash cup holder, Inverter with 4, plug-in outlets, Hood lock, Split Fold Down Rear Seat, Custom interior & Carpet, 2, Sun Visors with lighted vanity mirrors & extension bars, 2, overhead Dome/reading lights, 1, rear cargo light, HD F&R springs, KYB GR 2, front shocks & rear remote control air shocks, F&R Sway Bars, power quick steering box, 6, lug 17x9 Wheels and Tires. Blue Dot Tri Bar head light system, High-end Sound System With 6, Focal Speakers, 12, Disc Digital CD Changer Amp and Built –In Sub Woofer.
(The PW, Door-lock, P-seat, Front Shoulder Belts and rear fold down seats are all GM parts) “In the end my vision was realized”

Color: Steel Pearl Blue
Attached Images

67 JW is offline   Reply With Quote