The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2005, 11:52 PM   #1
72longbed
Account Suspended

Question Testing The Waters for Interest??

I'd like to see if there's an interest in a well engineered rear Air Suspension system for 67-72, 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks that will allow you to ride at anywhere from 15" between the top of the trailing arm and the frame to as little as 6" between the top of the trailing arm and frame?? This system is designed around the leading Air Spring manufacturer on the market for trucks (real trucks like ours), and will have 3200 lb capacity each. Designed to be used on trucks with Trailing Arm rear suspension, and will be a simple bolt on installation in place of the coil spring.
There's a company out there that has 3 initials that has a similar product but theirs is designed for lowered vehicles that may want to have towing capacity . My design will allow a truck to maintain stock, lifted, or lowered ride height at the discretion of the operator, and as the load requires.
I designed this system because I was tired of the 'Buckboard' like ride of the 3/4 ton coils when empty, and wanted to be able to travel at level ride height with the trailer in tow. A pleasant side benefit was the 'Cadillac' ride when loaded OR empty.
Just checking to see if there would be an interest in this system from fellow members if I should start to make them available to our Membership. Let me know your feelings on this please.
Thanks,
72longbed

Last edited by 72longbed; 12-04-2005 at 10:36 AM.
72longbed is offline   Reply With Quote