The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2002, 01:54 AM   #1
GrungyCoin

Replacing original wiring

I would like to go thru and replace all the wiring in my '67 K10. Painless wiring has a universal kit. I was just wondering how well it works, and the ease of installation. The other part of this is would it be worth the money to buy the reproduction wiring harnesses from LMC, it appears from their catalog that I would have to get 12 different harnesses. It would be great to hear from people who have done it, and the pros and cons of each, or even if there is a better wiring kit to get. A more distant goal is to put tuned port injection on a 283. Is this feasible? I really did like the 283 I had in it, it was balanced, "300 horse cam" (not sure on that), camel back heads(I don't recall the itake valve size), edelbrock performer intake, Holley 600cfm carb. Currently I have a 350 crate engine. I believe the 283 preformed better that than this stock 350 does. The reason I asked about the fuel injection is If I do all the new wiring how much of it will I have to splice into to make the fuel injection. Just trying to get the ducks in a row.

'67 K10 damn near stock, lookin to take the best of then blend it with the best of now, and see what comes out
GrungyCoin is offline   Reply With Quote