The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2005, 07:08 PM   #1
bmg9b

Exclamation Pricing Help

I have spotted a 71 or 72 Chevrolet 4x4 SWB Pickup in a nearby yard. It has been sitting for quite some time (I first saw it approximately 2 months ago... who knows how long it has been there before that) and obviously doesn't get driven. I am going to talk to the owner, and see if I can get him to sell it to me. Since it's only a few days before Christmas, I'm hoping that he will be more inclined to sell.

It seems to be in at least rolling condition (It sits level, and nothing seems to be missing) – possibly even in running condition. I don’t know whether it is an automatic or manual. It has 4 inflated tires, but because they have been sitting so long, they are probably not any good.

I am wondering how much I should offer this guy for his truck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking maybe $500 if it runs and $250 if it doesn’t. Let me know what you think!

I don’t know much about old Chevrolet trucks, but this may help; it has 5 orange lights on the roof of the truck (along the windshield… like you see on late model heavy-duty trucks) and the side-view mirrors are the larger rectangular kind with the big metal triangle frame things – sorry about the lack of proper terms.

Thanks again!
bmg9b is offline   Reply With Quote