The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2005, 10:17 PM   #1
chucks70

Checking Interest 1972 Blazer

As the title says. This is by no means a perfect Blazer, but would make a decent project. I have had it about 2 years. Any body repairs would have been done by the previous owner except for a small hole repair I did to pass inspection. The front clip is decent, one pin hole starting on the passenger fender near the door down low. Rad. support is rusted through under the battery and inner fenders have some rust through and should be replaced. Plastic grill is in good shape with one crack that does not show looking from the front. Grill surround has a couple small dings in it. Bumpers are chrome and decent. Drivers side pillar that has the door latch is rusting at the rocker joint. Both rear wheel arches are starting to bubble through. Driver and passenger doors have been fiberglassed underneath. Tailgate is OK, will need sanded and painted. Has a double wall top in good shape, one ding on the drivers side where it looks like it may have been dropped on a 2X4. I have not had the top off so I don't know what the windshield frame looks like. The rear hatch is all there and has some breaks on the inside. The exterior looks good. It has a gas tank skid plate, tranfer case skid plate and hitch. Rocker boxes, uh the passenger side is about 80-90% there and the drivers side is about 80% gone.
Now the interior. Floor boards are fiberglassed and I assume will need replaced. There are a few rust holes at the rear of the bed and coming through around the wheel wells. Buckets are original and will need refurbished/reupholstered. (I drive around with a blanket on them.) The rear seat is in good shape with all the seat belts there. It has a AM/FM CD player. Has an older Grant steering wheel. The left blinker doesn't work and I think it needs a switch. It has one new wheel well in the bed and I have one for the other side. It has a new body mount kit on it except for one of the rear ones because of rust through at the mount. The dash I beleive has been cut for the radio. I have a dash section that is uncut for it.
The Blazer has been a daily driver for my son until gas prices went up and he brought it home Memorial Day. It has a 350 v-8, 350 TH with oil cooler installed in front of the radiator. New U-joints in the front axle at the hubs and at the rear pumpkin. Brakes are fine. 4" lift? with blocks in back and springs in front. 33X12.5 tires on newer stock dress up rims. (Brain fart, can't think of what they're called). Hey, remembered they are rally wheels. Tires will need replaced but are driveable. Has an Edelbrock carb on with electric choke.
Sorry about the long description, just trying to be thorough. Don't want to sugar coat anything. Asking $2500. Will consider trading on '70 Cab in excellent shape and steel 8' bed.

Last edited by chucks70; 12-10-2005 at 03:55 PM.
chucks70 is offline   Reply With Quote