The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2005, 08:13 AM   #31
byrd
Union Electrician

Re: Truck work shops

Hey TX where are you buying your lights? and are they HO 8'? THe cost seems a little steep to me. If you have a lighting supply house or an electrical supply house they will have the best price. Just to show the difference between Home D and the lighting supply house that I bought all my lights from was, the fixtures were only $45-50 a piece for the 8' HO and a case of bulbs was like $55, where as Home D wants $65-70 per fixture and $75-85 for a case of bulbs. Huge difference in price!!! As far as enough light you should be really close,depending on your personal preference, but I would use a couple more for that long of a run, are you lighting the entire 30x40 with the 8 fixtures? and if so you might consider a couple more, I used 10 of them for a 30x30work area with 12 foot ceilings and it is perfect, but then again I like it really bright, no problem seeing anything including doing bodywork or mechanical work. So TX if my math is right you have a light about every 7' so going the length of your garage, right? IIRC the one's in my step dad's garage are on 5' or 6' foot centers, and I don't think the lighting could be any better. You will not regret spending the extra money on the lighting, Randy
Zip:40272
Big Sandy Survivor...

Quote:
We cannot choose the way we die, but we can choose the way we live
Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
Quote:
I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors

Last edited by byrd; 12-14-2005 at 08:22 AM.
byrd is offline   Reply With Quote