The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2005, 03:02 AM   #1
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Santa’s bringing gears and lockers!

Well, here I sit as geeked as a little girl the night before a Hilary Duff concert. Yep, today I plunked down enough dead presidents to score a 4:56 gear set, bearings, rear Detroit Locker and front Detroit True Track for my 1978 Kquazi20. It is embarrassing to confess that I have been rolling around on Q78 X16 (35.5 x10.50) Superswampers for almost 5 years with 3:73 gears.

The crazy thing is the 4 Wheel Parts outlet store in Colorado Springs quoted me $1485 for the set up. The dude scared me when he asked if my truck had ABS twice then asked at least 4 more times if I had a 9.5, 10.5 or 11.5 14-bolt rear axle. That scared me so I called 4 Wheel Parts toll free number in hopes of getting a technically savvy person and luckily got a hold of dude that knew his axle stuff. He knew exactly what I was looking for and quoted $1174 for the same goods including freight.

I guess I will start breaking front axle Dana 44 stuff once this Truetrac is installed….but it will have to suffice until I can find a Dana 60.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote