The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2002, 11:20 AM   #1
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

Protect-O-Plate

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have the original warranty book/Protect-O-Plate that came with your truck? I was looking through all my truck paperwork last night and came across mine. It shows the “Delivery Date To Original Owner” (which was my grandfather) as 2-25-67. The truck was in a wreck shortly after it was purchased and I also have the work order for the repair work that was done. There have been a few odd things that I’ve come across while rebuilding my truck (for the second time!). First of all it was originally a long bed, but had a one-piece drive shaft. Didn’t all long beds have a 2-piece?? Also, the truck was originally blue with a white top, but when I stripped the cab the first time, there was red paint under the blue! Also, I have the build sheet that was under the seat, but oddly enough, it doesn’t match my truck! Interesting.