The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2006, 11:23 AM   #1
68lowmilesK-20

Old Truck

Hello All! A couple of years ago I picked up an old Chevrolet pick-up after doing some work for family member. It's a 1968 K20 with the optional 327 V8, and a four speed. It's a long box stepside. The mileage is is very low, just getting ready to click over to 23K. The original owner drove the truck sparingly and sold it to a nearby neighbor in the early 80's. The neighbor only used the truck in the winter and plowed his short driveway with it. The truck was parked for good in 1989, and sat in the corner of a small field until my uncle acquired it in 2001. It does run and drive and has plenty of rust and other problems from sitting for so long, but appears to be mostly solid overall for it's age. I am looking to do some work to this rig for very limited use, mostly to travel to work when the roads are snowy. I am looking for any tips or advice from any members who have one of these trucks, any weak points for this model year, availability of parts, etc. It doesn't appear to be missing any major parts and a lot of it looks to be original. Hope to have some pics soon if anyone is interested and look forward to chatting with you all! Thanks!!
68lowmilesK-20 is offline   Reply With Quote