The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2006, 03:07 PM   #1
68jimmy

Smacked! How should I deal with their insurance?

Well it's been awhile since I had posted anythig on my truck haven't had the opportunity to work on it much lately... So my truck is minding it's own busineess sitting in front of the house and out of nowhere someone just runs into the rear! No braking no stopping just smack into the left rear end... No one was injured, the woman driver was a bit dazed and confused but no worse for wear, unlike my truck.
The police finally finally show up, evaluate the scene take all of our information, by the way not only was my truck damaged but the force of the impact shoved the truck into the rear of another car I own which %^KJ*D-up my grill and broke one of the rear taillights on the other vehicle... So after it's all said and done the officer returns our paperwork and sends us on our merry way... And to top it off I don't believe that he cited her! But I'll know more when I get a copy of the report.
My question is, how do I deal with her insurance company? With it being almost 40 years old do I have any chance of getting anything out of it? For those of you out there who have experienced a similair situation any help is appreciated!
Here are some pics...
Attached Images