The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2006, 07:59 PM   #11
67chevytrk
Damn I'm broke

Re: My Truck Rear Ended - Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstGen
Well tuesday around 3:30pm in the afternoon driving down a four lane asphalt road some one up ahead slams on their brakes to turn left on to a residential street with no turn lane and everyone behind this person slams on their brakes hard to not hit the vehicle in front of them. Un-luckily for me, the lady behind me in a 2001 Dodge Durango doesn't hit the brakes in time to slow down and rear ends me going 30+mph.

Damage includes completely destroying the bed, tailgate, roll pan, bedsides, smashed the back of the cab in 2+ inches, shocking both door and scraping paint off around door jabs, cracked my rear mounted A1000 Aeromotive fuel pump and cracked the optima battery. The motor even was moved back about 3/4 of an inch and the transmission crossmember is bowed now. Neither doors close as nicely. All the gaps on the hood and fenders are out of wack. Hell even the front bumper was shocked by the collision enough to come back and scratch the paint at the grill area. I did not hit the lady in front of me thankfully although after being pushed 4+ feet I only had about 2 feet from hitting her.

I feel like someone beat me up and just plain sick to my stomach...

Man that makes my stomach turn, I can't imagine what state of mind I would be in if that happened to me....it was a good thing you weren't on your bike even though you probably could have manuvered around it easier but if not, wow.....

I am sorry to hear it, keep us posted.
96 Neon
67chevytrk is offline   Reply With Quote