The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2006, 08:47 PM   #1
67pro-street

FedEx broke my Tranny

i bought a transmission from florida off of ebay last christmas and it broke down in november, so when i got home from college during christmas break, i sent my transmisison back to the company for warranty work via fedex. well, i sent the tranny on december 27 and it was supposed to be in florida in 5 days. i got no response until about jan 13 and fedex didnt know what happened to it. finally, on jan 23 or so, they told me it was damaged and sent it back to me. i just got it today and saw the damage. it seems as if they had it on a shelf and it got dropped because one of the ears on the bellhousing where it bolts to the engine was broken off and there is a small crack. i filled out the claim and should be getting a check for replacement value of the transmision from fedex. my question for you guys is if i can still use the tranny. if i get it fixed from a local company, could i still bolt it up to the engine. there is only one bolt that would not be able to go in and i have a welder to weld up the crack, its only about 1 inch long and very small. or do you think the whole thing is shot because of this???

thanks, 67pro-street
67pro-street is offline   Reply With Quote