The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2006, 03:49 AM   #1
speednmark

Please help...

just got a new clutch at aamco 2 weeks ago....tonight my one month old hurst 3 speed shifter started acting up, when i would accelerate then let off to decelerate i would hear horrific grinding from the transmission...later on tonight, on the highway, raced my friends 72 stang...im in third and trying to let it out and into second to go again and i cant even move the shifter...its like it locked up on me, stiff as a brick....i can unbolt the shifter plates from the tanny and move the shifter, but it wont come out of third gear???WHY???? so i fu**ed my clutch trying to get it to roll up the highway and running all red lights and stops signs on the way home... Can anyone please please please tell me if this is a tranny problem or a shifter problem which i doubt because i can move the shifter when not connected to the transmission...if it is a tranny problem, wtf is wrong with it, new clutch new shifter, and aamco said everything else was fine when they went to put the new clutch in...sooo its up to yall to tell me where to go from here...thanks - Mark Taylor-