The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2006, 12:12 AM   #1
Southedisto
River life......

Kids and wrenching is awesome!!

I was working on my Jimmy tonight disassembling some stuff and adjusting the valves, and my daughter was PO'd bc she couldnt help till she got her room straight. Well when she came out she wanted to work, I told her how to adjust the valves, what to watch for with the lifters and how the pushrods felt when it was good. It took me about ten minutes to explain to her the importance of doing it properly. She jumped all over it! It is pretty neat watching a 7 year old laying over a sbc adjusting valves and her saying "Thats a little loose" or "I need to back it off a little". The best part was when I told the wife to sneak out and watch her, and the kiddo caught her watching. I told the kiddo to tell her momma what she was doing. "You see this thing, it cant spin too much so you tighten this down a little and if its to tight you loosen it up. but you gotta make sure that these are even with the dirty part here"! It was so awesome to watch my daughter doing this! Just thought I would share.