The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2006, 05:52 PM   #1
gjk5

I need some advice please:

I have 2 '72 K5's that I bought together. The wife is now demanding that one of them goes. The yellow one is definitely not going, it runs, is in pretty decent shape and I use it. Here it is for reference:

The green one was apparently in the middle of major work when I got it. It does not run, but only because the TH350 and NP 205 are sitting in the back (were rebuilt just prior to me buying) the engine only has a few hundred miles on a rebuild but has been sitting for two years. It also has pretty bad rust issues (for Colorado at least) and no hood. Here are some pics of it as well:

Here is the question: I have a guy that wants to trade me the truck (minus eng., tranny and trans. and any other little stuff I want off it) for a 72 3/4 ton long bed converted into a trailer (properly, not halfass), in good shape, no rust, good sheet metal; which I always wanted to get so I could paint and match to the other K5, and maybe put a camper on. Does this seem like an OK deal? I'm kind of a noob to this kind of stuff and to first gen's for sure.

OR:
Do I sell it whole (nobody's gonna pay jack for it like this), do I part it out (is this even worth it and will I see a difference in $$)

Thanks for any advice, I appreciate it. It took me forever to find a 1st gen K5 in the first place (and I accidentally ended up with two) I just don't want to throw it away and regret it.

Disclaimer: I am not trying to sell this, if I sold anything it would be local anyway.

Last edited by gjk5; 02-06-2006 at 05:53 PM.
gjk5 is offline   Reply With Quote