The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2006, 05:10 PM   #1
see ten
WTB this ad

Cargo light observation question.

I replaced the cargo light on my K10 a while back and I couldn't figure out why they reproduced the light with the wiring coming in the wrong side. The factory light had the pigtail on the driver side and the repro had it on the passenger side. I thought maybe I just had a bad supplier but every show I went to I checked out the vendors and theirs were all the same. Anyhow we got it in with a little bit of wiring work and it looks fine. Well later I am cruising through a Camaro catalog hunting parts for the Z and I found something that looked familiar. The backup lights for a 69 RS Camaro appear to be identical to the cargo lamp that came in 69-72 pickups. Although the Camaro lights have one with a pigtail on the left and the other with a pigtail on the right. I would think you could buy the Camaro light for the correct side and you wouldn't have to work with lengthening any wires. I guess this would also explain why the cargo light has that thick gasket, it wasn't originaly designed for this purpose. I may be real off base here, or this may just be old news that I was not aware of. Are there other parts these trucks share with automobiles of the era? I was told that the factory A/C controls were originaly used in 65 Impalas. This is why you have to have a bracket to make them bolt into the dash of a pickup. They weren't designed to be used in a truck. Once again this may be old news. I am by no means an expert on these subjects, I am only an enthusiast!
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote