The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2006, 04:32 PM   #1
R@nger
Psalm 23

TH-350 vacuum question

I just got my edelbrock #2701 manifold and my Holley Street Avenger 570cfm carb from summit yesterday but today when I went to install both of them I ran into a problem.

The problem is the holley fuel bowls are so long that they only leave a 3/4 inch gap between the bottom of the fuel bowl and the 3/8 vacuum port on the manifold. The way things are hooked up on my truck now this won't work. Currently a line is coming up from the modulator on my TH-350 trans and connects to a barbed fitting that screws into the vacuum port on my manifold...this barbed fittings sticks straight up so it won't work at all.

I tried buying a 3/8 male to 3/8 female 90degree fitting but it's still to tall.

Can I do away with that vacuum port and use one of the ones off my carb? I have 4 vacuum ports on the carb, #1 Power brake(using) #2 vacuum advance for distributor(using), #3 PCV(using), #4 Full manifold vacuum port(not using) Can I use that one?

How can I make this work?...how have some of you made this work?

I know I'm not the only person to ever use this combo so there has got to be a way to do it.

Thanks for the help!

"Peter are you sleeping on the job? No I have a bug in my eye and I'm trying to suffocate him." - Family Guy

Last edited by R@nger; 02-18-2006 at 04:49 PM.
R@nger is offline   Reply With Quote