The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2006, 08:58 AM   #1
Arrowboy

New Suburban Owner

Hello everyone, my name is Eric and I recently aquired a 1989 3/4T 2wd Suburban, it has 123,000 miles 5.7 3spd auto. Heres the "condensed" version of the story. I purchased this off E-Bay about 2.5 weeks ago. I live in Massachusetts and the Burb was in New Jersey. So I buy it and rent a car 1 way down there, and plan on driving it home (I had seen extensive pics and talked to the guy numerous times) I couldnt believe how beautiful the body is on this Burb, Its a Silverado it is Pale yellow with Black beneath the lower molding. He had welded in new Quarters because of rust, but it is done professionally and looks undetectable. Anyway I get in and start driving home, I had stopped at numerous rest stops to let her rest and to evaluate it more. Its a 220 mile drive, I stop at the last rest stop before the highway ends (about 20 miles from my house) I go to start it up and I got nothing, I got all my power, light are fine never dim, no starter solenoid pic up or anything, I check all my fuses fine no problem, fooling around for about an hour then all of the sudden it starts right up, I didnt do anything to it, however now my heater doesnt come on. I was thinking it could possibly be the Neutral Safety switch? or a loose wire in the column?

Also much to my dismay I found out the tailgate hinges are rusted off by the where they hook onto the frame, the brackets that go onto the tailgate are fine, but where they hook to the bottom are rusted off, luckily i can still put the tailgate down, also my back window is power, but only goes down not up, tried a new motor (he gave me) same thing.....now I am thinking it might be the switch inside the cab, anyway is it easy to convert that to a manual crank window? Thanks in advance

Eric

Last edited by Arrowboy; 02-21-2006 at 08:59 AM.
Arrowboy is offline   Reply With Quote