The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2006, 09:34 PM   #1
shelby987

Got passed by my own tire!

Yes, did some work on the hubs this weekend.....put everything back together, I know I wrenched on all the lugs pretty hard.....but it looks like the lugs on the drivers side managed to loosen themselves over the last 100 miles.......so here is my problem.....what do I need to get this rig back on the road? I have found both brake pads, and the drum, but the springs, the adjuster, and the backing plate of axle seem to be gone or ground flat......am I gonna be able to find all of this stuff at napa/advanced/autozone....anywhere? Parts numbers would be appreciated.

Also, is there any serious damage I should look out for?

For anyone wondering, I managed to make it about 600 feet down the road.....hit a bump hard, hit the ground, lost all steering and couldn't get the damn thing to stop.....managed to get it slowed down enough before putting it into a 12' deep ditch....during all of this I was fortunate enough to see the tire fly past me.....found it 400 feet behind me.....and the drum 300 feet behind the truck.....the good news, it was on an empty dirt road....no one around, and I was able to leave the truck there while I walked to my house about half a mile down the road.......got my car, bought some lug nuts, jacked up the truck, got the wheel back on, and drove the poor girl home at 5mph.
Attached Images

1993 Olds. Cutlass Ciera Wagon Traded 2006
2003 Saturn L200 w/5pd. D/D
My list spans 5 decades with One common thread.....GM!
shelby987 is offline   Reply With Quote