The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2006, 09:30 PM   #1
69-350
Oil trash and damn proud of it

finally got her home lastnight...

...but all is not well in the bowtie. A long long time ago... I brought my truck out to a friend's shop (sounds like the beginning of an epic saga, huh?) to install a new carburetor, intake manifold, and valve covers. Well, procrastination turned into ...something along the lines of finally getting it done last night. With problems. reported racial slur post closed Well, I need a Jesus-clip for my go-pedal-linkage still (that's wired on there) and holy moly almighty Lord in heaven driving a Chevy, did we get fuel in the oil. I mean, you would have needed Noah's Ark with all the fuel that must've passed the cylinders. After this problem in the first place, we dumped and replaced the oil.

There's still gas in the oil. And man, is that thing a blue fog machine. She burns oil like I burn gas on a regular basis (trust me, that's expensive) and not to mention leaks oil. My buddy (68350) noticed the oil on the ground (which wasn't the first time, btw. A few weeks before she leaked like that in his shop) So we followed the oil up the header, off the header, dripping from the oil filter (perhaps the oil is too thin with that gas in it and it bypasses the filter gasket??) and also dripping from what my other friend claims was the number 7 cylinder (says cause it probably has a real bad cylinder seal).

I'm not too clear on all this, what I do know is that unless there's an easy fix (kinda) I think my 350 in there is close to being FUBAR'd. (I'm sure it had something to do with the very retarded PO, who obviously gradutated the Redneck Repair Institution with flying colors and a degree in Afro-Engineering.)

Anyways, this little news report about done, I guess I gotta ask some experts' advice on this ordeal. I'll be around soon enough to answer any questions that may arrise, but first I have the typical redneck teenager business to attend to. You know, all the stuff some of you did when you were younger. ... like all the STUPID stuff you guys did!

1997 K1500 Z71, 14 bolt SF 3.73 posi, Bright Blue Metallic. 6" Superlift
1972 C-10, toolbox, p/s, 350/TH350/3.73 open, black int., bronze
2008 Dodge MegaCab. H&S tuned 6.7 Cummins. Fast Four Tons

Some of my pics http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m294/69-350/