The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2006, 10:04 PM   #1
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

bed swap

I plan on doing the bed swap Saturday night... I'll be at the shop all night most likely, have lots to do.
For my sister's B-day i got her a muffler for her little crap box Festiva. (I like practicle gifts) then I gotta give it a wash and wax.
After that, i gotta rtip down a carb and see that it is all good and slap it on the caddy to test it.
Then, I'll be doing the bed swap. I plan on getting the old bent up bed off, steam cleaning the rear frame rails off and gettin crazy with the POR. Rear axle, frame rails, springs... It'll all be nice and pretty. Then slap the new bed on. While the POR is drying, I plan on sanding and priming the bed so at least the primer gray will match the front clip. Probably going to install a temp ply wood floor too. I hate doing it, but it is better than the freeway sign I have under the bed liner. That sucker makes all kinda of noise on every little bump.
I found an old beat up cab/chassis 68 chevy today, I may go see what they want for it. It looked like a 133 inch wheel base and it has daul rear wheels... might have a place to put my old bed. Heck, if I can get the truck cheap, I might just do that, put it all in one color of primer or something and turn around and make a buck off of it.
We'll see what happens. Since we all love pics... here's what I'm dealing with...

One pic is of the green and white bed that is going on,
another pic is of the lovely floor I discovered under the bed liner,
and one more pic that shows the damage on the side of the bed...this is from years ago before I knew it existed and it still had a tool box door. Just to make it look even worse, that box was MIA long before I got it.
Attached Images

Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote