The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2006, 09:09 PM   #1
unkuth

just picked this up last week!

http://speedway-motors.ebizautos.com...ckup/Long-Bed/

They had this on ebay 2 times and i managed to get it before it ended on their second try. I called on it the first time to find out what was wrong with it. They said it drove great. then i asked about the rust issues it had and it was descibed to me. finally the second time they listed it they put some undercarriage picks on there. The truck was a little rough when i started looking at it but most of it is small things.

outer rockers
inner rockers
cab supports front and rear
floor pan (someone had riveted a new piece over the rusted out part, size of your fist if that)
speedometer
temp gauge
fuel guage or sending unit
heater fan or switch
a/c-heater control cables
no radio
missing trim from tailgate
half of the a/c compnents gone
rear end whining
no history of engine or trans

other than that, it ran great from KC to near Wichita where i live. trans shifts nice, steering nice and tight, chrome is halfway decent, interior not too bad.

Ive got a near 300 hp motor and beefed 350 trans coming should be done by the end of the week. and the rear end is being rebuilt Wednesday.

Speedo was unhooked and the mph is off right now. I will have to get a new speedo gear for the new tranny. Should have a working fuel gauge and temp gauge by tommorrow. have put on some of the tailgate trim. it looks like it has holes for the wide band across the tailgate as well as the upper and lower trim i have already replaced. will have to trouble shoot everything else as soon as i can get to it.
unkuth is offline   Reply With Quote