The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2006, 04:19 AM   #1
kevncar

67 SWB build thread

Another build thread?!?!? Well, everyone else is doing it so...here we go.

I bought my 67 off a friends brother about a year and a half ago. It's been pretty well beat on, but I'd like to do my part to keep one more on the road.

Here are the only "before" pictures I have.

I now have the bed and front clip off, and am debating taking the cab off. If I could find a good big window cab, it's coming off in a heartbeat. The 350 and four speed have been pulled and sold and I have a 454/TH400 to replace them with.

I am in the process of rebuilding the chassis. I am replacing all of the steering components, adding power steering, adding front disc brakes, adding tilt column, adding 4/6 drop, converting to 5-lug and getting new wheels and tires.

I really don't have the time or money to go all the way with the whole truck right now, but I am going to atleast get the chassis and drivetrain REAL healthy and just make it a good weekend parts truck, with the option to be a back up if one of the daily drivers go out. Ofcourse, the wife would be running the kids to pre-school in it if that happened because I commute 45 minutes, each way to work. I also need to immediately do something about the primer before she rusts away on me.

Beyond that, it'll have to wait. I also own a 72 Chevelle that I bought when I was 15 years old. I'd really like to get that going also, so the whole family (wife and two kids) can go cruising with me.

I am going to do my best to take pictures along the way, hoping something along the rusty road will help someone else on the board, like soooo many others have helped me.

72 Chevelle

67 C10...454/TH400
Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=193961
kevncar is offline   Reply With Quote