The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2006, 04:32 AM   #1
randomhero472

Lowered my 67'

finaly got the trucks lowered, i used all classic performer parts, thought i would do a mini write up with my experience w/them. They had the best price for a complete kit i found by about 100 bux, i ordered the kit, but was quoted 2 different prices on the phone.. and ended up having to pay the higher price ($30 dollars higher). One thing that annoyed me from the get go were the salesman on the phone, they acted like i shouldnt be calling and asking any questions, and sounds annoyed to answer anything i asked, one of the two people i talked to was pleasent, but the other was a plain dick. I was told the parts would be here in 10 buisness days, showed up in 7, so A+ there.. however they didnt include one piece of the "included" hardware.. none of the nuts/bolts/washers that come with the shock re-locate kit came, which made me quite angry because i live about 45 minutes away from a parts store.. besides that everything went super smooth, the truck rides 1000x better than it did on the tired springs, didnt get much drop out of the rear (4" srping gave me a little over 2") but the coils were so worn the middle three were smashed together, also the truck ended up about 1.3" higher on the drivers side, im not sure if the spring in the front havent seated yet or what.. all in all i was pleased, but would/will probably go anothe route in the future for parts, between missing hardware and the shotty salesman i wasnt to impressed, but the quality of parts was great, here's a pic.. now all it needs is some paint and 20" wheels and i'll be set, thanks
Attached Images