The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2006, 11:53 PM   #1
rmurray25

New Work done to my Truck. What you all think?

A little History...

I bought this truck when I was 18. I just turned 26 today. I drove it for a year and it sat and collected rust until July of last year. So It sat for almost 8 years. I started working on it and have come along way but I still have a long way to go. anyway I got her running really well and wanted to drive it so since conditions in my shop were poor for body work (not very well lit or heated) i decided to primer it and wait until this summer to finish the body work. However, I recently noticed some rust starting to form on the doors where i had sanded to bare metal. So... This weekend I stripped it back down and to insure no more rust I shot 3 coats of primer, 3 of paint and 2 clear. I thought the paint was garbage because I left it out all winter and it froze. Now I regret shooting it without the body work done because it actually turned out pretty nice. What do you all think of the color for these trucks. I saw it for the first time in the sun today and I am in love. This picture does not show too many of the body flaws so it will show the paint the best. But... I am also thinking on going a couple shades darker which is a black cherry. Let me know.

To see everything that has been done so far go here http://www.angelfire.com/ak6/1969k10/my_baby
Attached Images

Check her out http://www.angelfire.com/ak6/1969k10/my_baby

Last edited by rmurray25; 03-28-2006 at 12:43 AM.
rmurray25 is offline   Reply With Quote