The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2006, 01:58 PM   #1
kiriuskris

Greetings!

Salutations from Henry, IL (30 miles north of Peoria and 120 miles south of Chicago). I’m a 23 year old college student with little time to work on my car projects. I hardly have enough time between 14 hours of school and 25 hours of work each week, let alone the cars. My dad is a part time farmer and that is where I spent most of my time growing up. Dad is the one who got me started in this car thing. We have so many projects and cars, it makes my head spin. So let me start out with the cars needing restoration:

56 Corvette Convertible with removable hardtop. 2 speed power glide with the 265 V8
67 Corvette Stingray. 327, 350 hp with a 4 speed
68 Corvette Stingray with T-tops. 327, 350 hp with a 4 speed
70 Chevelle Malibu. 350 Auto
67 Chevy ½ ton longbed. 283, thee on the tree
3 old Case Tractors from the 50s.
79 Chevy ½ ton longbed. 305 Auto. Going to put the propane package on that.
77 Chevy ½ ton longbed. 350 Auto
84 Olds Cutlass Ciera Sedan, 4.3 V-6 Diesel (Love Diesels!)

Parts cars:
69 Chevelle
83 Olds Cutlass Ciera Sedan, 4.3 V-6 Diesel
84 Olds Cutlass Ciera Sedan, 4.3 V-6 Diesel
77 Chevy ½ ton longbed

Work trucks:
73 Chevy Heavy ½ ton longbed. 350 Auto. This truck is the quintessential farm truck. It’s been through 3 different beds, no door panels because the doors barely shut and when you do the windows and mechanisms fall apart, spray paint finish. The odometer stopped around 550,000 miles. It was rebuilt 20 years ago with 160,000 miles on it. Great for tearing around on the farm. We can’t kill it with all the abuse it’s taken!
73 Chevy 1 ton service truck. 350 3 speed. This truck was a Michelin Tire service truck. It has a gas powered air compressor in the back. The bed is a custom big box type. Great for filling up tractor and irrigation tires on the go.
75 Chevy ½ ton. 350. Variable 3 speed. I say variable because the gears sometimes work and sometimes don’t. We use this to haul scrap metal.

And I just came across a 400 small block Chevy motor with a 4 bolt main for $100! All that is wrong is that the crank is cracked into two pieces. Came with heads, cam, rods and pistons, and lifters. Think I might make this a twin turbo motor.

Right now we are going to work on the 67 and 79 because they are road trucks we use for the farm. Once my dad retires here in a few years, we’re going to start on the Vettes. In fact we’re going to Vettefest up in Chicago this weekend. Boo-Ya!

Looking forward to chatting with you guys. I’ll post pictures of the vehicles here soon for ya.

Take it easy!

Kris
kiriuskris is offline   Reply With Quote