The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2002, 12:49 AM   #1
mikep
Used to have a truck

67 in the junkyard

Ive just sort of passed over this 67 3/4 ton with a CR 4 speed and eaton locker, wood bed etc. It was a very hi option truck, I saw in the junkyard a few months back until I checked it out closer the other day. I pulled the seat up and checked out the build sheet because it has the same transmission I have which I have never seen before . Its the M28 NP 435 CR 4 speed ( Try to find a boot for it . I dare you! ) . Anyway the build sheet wasnt all there as is typical for a 36 year old piece of paper caught in springs but what caught my eye was the engine placement. This was not the original engine. It was a mid to late 70's small block judging by the EGR and long accesories but It was set back like mine is and the truck cab is a hi hump . Mine is set back in the Big Block positon because i know for a fact mine was originally a big block truck and the engines in big block trucks are set back a few inches behind where the small blocks are due to the mounts. Now either this truck was originally a big block truck which I have been told is impossible in 67 or someone converted it to big block specs and then put a small block in it.