The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2006, 08:39 PM   #1
MazaM

Share the Excitement - and a few questions

Hi everyone. I've been following the board for almost a year now since I bought my 80 truck. It is the style I've always wanted except it's not 4wd. I bought it running knowing the reverse was slipping but now about 10 months later, the tranny gave out. I was looking around for a replacement trans and found a 90 suburban to use for parts. The front clip and doors are great shape and it has a 700r4 with a lockedup 350 TBI and my truck has a th350 with a 350 carb. At first I was just going to put in the 700r4 and use the front clip and doors. Now it has progressed to changing my carb to tbi and pulling my motor out to clean and reseal. I have used the search feature to find most answers to my questions but I have a few still but the only one I can rememeber now follows. I am sure I will have more later. Also any suggestion are appreciated.

1. How do i deal with the fuel lines. The tbi uses a supply and return line, correct?? Can i utilize the pump in suburban??

I have attached a few pictures for now to see if i post pics correctly so i hope this works. If the picutes dont work, someone point me in the right direction to learn to post please. thanx. Mike
Attached Images

MazaM is offline   Reply With Quote