The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2006, 07:42 PM   #1
blazerparts
No,I DON'T have Tourett's

Guess I'll keep it............for now.

Picked this up at the local Salvation Army for $400 just before last Christmas. Told the wife I was going to slick it up a bit and sell it, turning a quick buck. I cleaned it up and advertised it locally and on this site at a high price and dang it...........no offers. In the meantime I started fixing things here and there. These things include: HEI distributor, resurfaced flywheel, new clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, new u joints, and carrier bearing. The original linkage on the three on the tree would jam so I installed that Hurst Master shift making the truck a 3 on the floor.....pretty slick modification. Well, as I'm doing all this I'm thinking maybe I don't want to sell this truck, but the wife balks at having a bunch of trucks parked out front of the house, which I agree with. But this Sunday she says " the flatbed is getting too nice to haul construction matersials with, we ought to just keep the red truck for Home Depot runs, etc." So, I kinda scratch my chin for a minute and give a look like I never thought of the idea and say....." babe, you're such a smart girl". Here's the pics:
Attached Images

blazerparts is offline   Reply With Quote