The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2006, 08:08 PM   #1
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Powder coated frame

I got a call today from Andy at the E.SC.C. He asked me if I wanted to watch him powder coat my frame...."BET!" I took my camera.Now this company is in Ottawa,the parent company is in Meriden(Enest Spencer Metal Fab).Which also happens to be where I got my frame from(teeitup).They had the frame sandblasted before I got there.I did get to see the rest of the process.First they washed it with phosphate.Then it went to an oven to dry off for 15 minutes.The oven was set at 400 degrees.The frame was allowed to cool down until it reached 110 degrees.It then went into the powder coat booth.It took him about 30 minutes to paint it.Then it went to the oven again and was baked at 420 degrees for a final 25 minutes.It was cool to watch the whole thing.I took lots of pics.I won't post all of them.I hope I get them in order.Andy is in the green shirt,I don't know the other guy.
Attached Images

Last edited by kingsolver72; 04-13-2006 at 09:00 PM.
kingsolver72 is offline   Reply With Quote