The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2006, 11:21 PM   #1
etg

Newbie wit a 69' long truck.

Hello, I just got confirmed so I would like to introduce myself, or my truck rather. I am 17 and have started my first ever project truck, or first ever experience in mechanics and cars too. I have a 1969 longbed Chevy, pretty run down but with me, its future looks good, hehe. The cab is rusted through the floor, and at the seam where the windshield is. So far I have taken out the engine, by myself, and started sanding down the insides to paint them. This wont be a showtruck so some run of the mill rust stopper is good. The engine WAS a 305 before sending it to a shop, I will get a 350 in return.... >. Hopefully with the engine back and the engine bay painted, I can drop it in and install all the brand new goodies from there. That way I can drive it back and forth from my friends house, he's helpin with the body-work. You can take a look at my truck here
Any tips, info, parts offers, critiques and guides are welcome. ANYTHING and EVERYTHING please. So far this site looks awsome, and I hope to learning my way around and finding a way to contribute.
etg is offline   Reply With Quote