The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2006, 06:58 PM   #1
TugOwar

Another junk yard rant

Howdy fellas,

Sit right back and you'll hear a tale, the tale of a fateful trip....

Woke up this morning and it was rather cool out (less than 80* is cool here) so decided to head off to Pick-N-Pull to search for a driveshaft for the 68. I put the 700r4 in it and was wanting to go with one piece driveshaft in the process.

So I drive the 20 miles into the edge of San Antonio where the yard is located, pay my dollar admission and head off to the truck section, happens to be the far, back corner of the yard.

Lots of LWB GM trucks. So I start checking, the only way TO check, get on the ground and look! The vans and burbs all have 2 piece shafts. Many of the later model LWB trucks have one piece aluminum shafts.

I check truck after truck, found lots of one piece aluminum shafts. Here comes the BUT, they all have one thing in common. . . THEY'RE F'N BENT ALL TO HELL!

Just so happens that 3500lb vehicle + forklift = bent driveshaft. They use a forklift to carry the trucks out into the yard.

I don't mean just a few were bent. I mean of the 30 or so LWB GM trucks on the yard every single one was bent! Just unbelievable!

Two hours later I left with nothing. There are other junk yards I may check out later on but I was so disheartened I just came home, ate and took a nap. Bleh.

Rant off: Thanks for listening.
TugOwar is offline   Reply With Quote