The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2006, 09:38 PM   #1
Green Monster

Subwoofer under passenger seat?

I'm looking to keep my blazer looking unmolested inside. I currently have 6x9's outfitted in holes in the rear CST panels that were installed by the previous owner.

I am going to replace rear CST panels and carpet. The top is off and I want some tunes, but I don't want the components to be visible. So I'm thinking of putting 4" speakers under the rear seat firing to the front and covering them with some type of fabric that matches the interior. I would like to install and amp to drive a 10" subwoofer but the placement of the sub is a bit tricky. I want it hidden. Clearance under the rear seat is TIGHT, like 3-4 inches. So, I'm thinking about going with downward firing 10" sub for under the front passenger seat. No rails or tracks to worry about. Don't have to worry about the seat moving over it. I can wrap the box in carpet or vinyl to match the interior. Having the box under the seat may be a nuisance when getting in and out for people navigating to and from the back seat. I'm thinking if you can't get around the woofer box, then you probably should not be in the truck at all. Anyone put a nice looking box under the seat before? If not, where else can I put one, besides my arse, that it would be hidden?

Last edited by Green Monster; 05-01-2006 at 09:50 AM.
Green Monster is offline   Reply With Quote