The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2006, 09:17 PM   #29
kevncar

Re: 20 inch rally wheels

The site gringoloco and Frizzle Fry are talking about is pretty cool. I too have spent a lot of time there. The only problem is that the image of the wheel is probabally of a 17" wheel. As you bump up the size of the wheel, the image gets scaled up. So the center cap is growing in diameter also. I think the center cap will stay the same size as the wheel gets larger in reality though. Might make the wheel look funny as others have mentioned.

I emailed Wheel vintiques yesterday asking if they had ANY vehicle pictures with a 20" billet ralley and and they said they don't. I'm going to email Newstalgia wheel tonight and see if maybe they do.

Also, this doesn't address the 3rd dimension of the wheel. Some of the 17" and 18" wheels I've seen look like the center section is WAY to the outside, which I think looks like poop. I think something a little deeper dished would look awesome.

I am just about pissin my pants over danny ewing's truck. In my opinion, he's got the perfect stance, the perfect wheel and tire size, and a really hot color pickup. My only reservations are, it's not a 67/68, and although I really like the torqthrust IIs, EVERYBODY has them. Nobody that I have found so far has a set of these, so although pricey, they might be a welcome change to the standard. I mean, most already like the old style ralleys anyways.

72 Chevelle

67 C10...454/TH400
Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=193961
kevncar is offline   Reply With Quote