The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2006, 09:39 PM   #1
Oldschool68
Hellion

Smile My 68' Chevorlet c10 shortbed stepside truck 2wd project

First off thanks for having me on here once again!! I have been working on my 68' Chevorlet c10 shortbed stepside truck 2wd since highschool!! Im only 23, so much has been done and its time for it to be done!! The truck was original til I got my hands on it!! It had the original inline-6 250 with the 3-speed manual and the 4:11 12 bolt rearend!! I have shaved everything except for the door handles, locks, and window wipers to give the truck a more cleaner look!! Then I have took out the inline-6 250,3speed and swapped it with a built 87' Big Block Chevorlet 454 that has been bored .60 over to a 468! Dom top pistons, 280 fordge cam,double roller chain, lined, decked, and balanced, all new rods, bearnings, push rods, freeze plugs etc!! Ran a set of Oval Port heads with 2.19/1.88 one piece stainless steel valves, a Performer Intake and Truck Avenger 750cfm carb!!The whole motor has been built from the ground up by Tuff Enuf Racing in Avondale,AZ! Then I have had a Th350 built up with a 2500 stall slapped behind the big bloc!! Im in the process of getting the Original 12 bolt rearend built with posi and 3.73 gear ratio!! I will add some motor and tranny pics soon!! Here are some pics of what I have done to my truck!! I actually had the whole truck together ready for paint til a new Dodge Ram ran a red light and I hit him at 65mph!! I have some accident pics around here somewhere just cant find em at the moment!! So I went ahead and tore the whole frame apart, gutted everything!! I was gonna box the whole frame in but since im on a shortness of time I went ahead and ran some 1/4" welds along the crossmembers to strenghten the frame as well as the brackets for the trailing arms!! This truck had the original ball joints in it, so I got to fight all the original rivets in this frame!! I must of had to drill and tap out about 75 of em, then it was off to the powder coater!!
Attached Images

Oldschool68 is offline   Reply With Quote