The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2006, 03:07 AM   #1
71Dragtruck

11.72 @ 115mph tonight on motor.Some Video added

Went a bit faster tonight, still no track prep but hooking not too bad with a bigger burnout. Ran 11.72 @ 115mph made about 4 runs in the 11.7?'s need a bigger carb as it is lying down a bit at the top end, and a taller tire cause I'm going through a 6200rpm. Passenger side tire is getting a bit of outer rub so have to get a stiffer spring for the pasenger side, or some adjustable shocks. 10's will be easy on a little bit of spray. July the roll bar goes in.

Here is a video from last Fri, just to show you some of the cars and how hard it is to run 11's at our track. The black 440 Challenger shown is Pro-Charged, he was running 11.8's tonight.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/w...14548FE162.htm

Not trying to make excuses, but even people I know from here that read muscle mags and watch drag racing on TV don't realize it's harder than it looks when NOT at a GOOD track at near sea level. I get the you have 640hp and that's all you run?? I saw a magazine with a bla bla bla. So just venting cause of the narrow minded, I feel better now, my meds are kicking in. Sorry you guys have to be subjected to this.
Getz Oilfield Consulting
Hard Candy Customs

Last edited by 71Dragtruck; 05-15-2006 at 12:44 PM.
71Dragtruck is offline   Reply With Quote