The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2006, 04:52 PM   #1
Robert1970C20rstbukt

Getting a 1970 K/20 Burb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the story. A couple months ago I found this old 1970 yellow and white Chevy K20 Suburban at the junkyard. It was all original except the 350 had been replaced by a 454! I bought the seat(black vinyl), dash pad(also black), and fan shroud out of it, and I came back for some other stuff a week later and it was gone. Somebody bought it and it sat about 20 miles out of town on some guys land. What happened was, this guy let his friend that bought it keep his trucks on his property and he left 'em there way too long. So what happened? The property owner got tired of 'em being there and called the same junkyard the burb came from to pick it up. We went to the junkyard today and Dad saw it sitting way in the back, and I told him we gotta buy it before it gets crushed/stripped. Get this, the guy at the yard is selling it to me for $300, with a clear title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It still has the BB/tranny/x-fer case and both axles. The rear is the Eaton HO52, the front should be a D44. I don't know if it is original, I didn't look for brake drums. It had the red lockouts on it so it might not be. It has four 16.5 slot rims that are painted steel? with 8.75-16.5 tires. It has a real big bumper on the front that I think had a winch before. The rear bumper is pretty big too. It has rust problems at the top corners of the front and rear roof but it's real solid on top and not dented or real rusty, most of the truck has original paint. It has the tailgate and lift hatch, all glass windows are good. Has original gauges, radio, black non-tilt auto column and wheel, black door panels and all rear trim panels, and the glovebox lid with the 4x4 sticker, and it also has the original 4x4 shift knob, I think it has the NP205 t-case. It's weird though, it has front heat and rear A/C. The compressor is gone and so is the heater box, the dumbass that bought it had all kinds of crap thrown inside and messed the center seat up, and I guess he's the one that took the heater box. No biggie, I have a spare. The engine looks like it'll run with some new plugs and basic stuff, not sure about the tranny or t-case. I'll have to check all the grease levels and gears, etc before I try to drive it around. I should have this by next Friday!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!!!!

1984 Chevrolet C30 welding truck 454/SM465
1977 GMC C15 pickup 350/TH350
1970 Chevrolet C20 pickup 350/TH400
1970 Chevrolet K20 Suburban 454/TH350
1969 GMC 8500 478M V6/5 spd winch truck

Last edited by Robert1970C20rstbukt; 05-13-2006 at 08:09 PM.
Robert1970C20rstbukt is offline   Reply With Quote