The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2006, 01:29 PM   #11
Rokcrln

Re: Project Penicillin~ 68 crewcab build up!

Now the real fun has begun! Removal and replacement of the pass side A post. I thought it had been fixed or scabed onto before and one I cut it open I was right. In the past some PO had repaired the rust by cutting part of the post off and scabing on a new section over the old one. They left all the inner rust un-treated and now it shows. First ting I did was braced off the opening and added two alignment bars. These are set right to th einside lip of the where the new window chanel must sit. The top one is set right into the upper corner as well for a better alignment. After removing the small section for inspection you can see where the added skin was installed in the past as well as the remainder of the old section rusting away. If you look close you can see the old lips of the chanel and the new old section added and blended at the outer edge. The new post we have will be installed from the floor to the roof and accross most of the passenger upper door opening.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images

Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote