The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2006, 01:01 AM   #1
dopeslap

New Purchase

Hey guys:

A couple of weeks ago I drove home a 1972 Blazer (a 1000 miles from North Carolina). I was a bit nervous because the seller insisted the vechile had sat for twenty years (given its original condition it's not hard to believe plus an oil change sticker from 1993 indicated the truck had travelled only 200 miles in the last 13 years). The seller had freshened it up with a new exhaust system, fuel tank, sending unit, fuel pump, rebuilt the carberator, and changed all the fluids and flushed the radiator.

Fifteen minutes into the trip the front brakes started dragging. But changing out the proportioning valve and the master cylinder fixed the problem. The Blazer drove like a dream the rest of the way.

Upon arrival, I immediately riped out the nasty 1970's shag carpet someone installed and removed the top.

The Blazer has the typical rust, a few oil leaks, and needs a new A/C compressor. At some point I will have to rebuid the original 350 engine (it only has 36,000 miles and runs great but 34 years is a long time). Other than that it's in great shape (It's always a good sign when all the little stuff like the horn, dome lights, gauges, etc. all work).

I've been eight long years without a first generation blazer. It's nice to have one again.
Attached Images

dopeslap is offline   Reply With Quote