The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2006, 01:09 AM   #11
XXL
Seņor Member

Re: Snip snip

Last night I made cardboard templates for skinning the bedsides. You know... that cardboard sure looked good up there. I'm thinking maybe the cardboard version of the "Woodie" look. Hmmm... I may be on to something.

I picked up a sheet of 18ga today and started cutting it up. I hope to have the skins finished tomorrow, and clamped in place. Fred T posted on MOT the other day that he had recently used some 3M panel adhesive on his truck. I used VHB on a project many years ago, but wasn't impressed. This 3M product sounds like a vast improvement. So, I'm going to pick some up, and borrow the applicator gun, and glue these skins in place. It'll be much easier than the plug welding I was going to do. Once the skins are on, I'll drill out the skin and 1x1 frame where the fenders bolt up, and then stud it. That way I don't have a bolt head on the inside of the bed.

Next up... I need to find someone to make me an ~ 50" x 8" 18ga panel with a simple rectangle (rounded corners) bead roll in it. Anyone???
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote