The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2006, 11:54 PM   #1
cliffsta
Stepsides RULE

Just got a BIG order from Chevy Duty in... (pics)

or whatever the heck they go by now. Well, no sense beating around the bush, here's the pics.

Rear cross sill. Mine was starting to rot out on the ends, and it was cheap enough.

Pine bed wood and stainless steel bedstrips. I don't care for the look of oak and the pine is a lot cheaper. Woulda got polished stainless all around but it made my bill skyrocket.

Front bed panel, upside down and stuff OOps, no one accused me of being a good photographer. It's kinda cocked a little bit but not too bad. It did come from Taiwaan...

Replacement tailgate. Went with it since the one with "CHEVROLET" bubbled up was like $400 and this one was maybe 100-150. And the only other "wierd" thing is the bottum lip where it is flat then rounded is at a different angle, but that is nothing ground-shattering for a repo.

Medium grey original material dashpad. I likes!! Beats the heck outta mine with some B.S. vynil overlay my idiotic parents put on, But I love 'em.

MAAAAAIN HOL' UP!!! I love this! Chrome trimmed bezel! The bling of shiny metal w/o the gawddyness of full polished aluminum.

Front bed panel hardware, bed to strips hardware, bed to frame bolts, rubber mounting pads, stainless tailgate chains, clear tubes, chrome tailgate letters, and tailgate hinges. All the hardware is stainless steel like the strips. It looks sweet.

I still need fender bolt kits since I'm reusing my fenders. The bedsides and my new hood are delayed, the bedsides are outta stock, the entire thing is coming Yellow Freight in a month, so pray to God those crooks don't tear my stuff up, I have no qualms refusing shipment.

So, yeah, i am ecstatic about all this. And the old man is cool with it all, since it is pretty much 100% bolt together. Gotta treat + stain the wood, some other minor things, whatnot.

And on another note I am finally getting scheduled at Champs Sports, I've been pullling call-ins for about a month and they've had a big corporate shakeup so I'm starting with 20 hours a week at $5.75+commission, and a very strong chance of going full-time. Full time = 35+hours, better salary.

So, friggin' ay for Ol' Red finally going somewhere!

Cliff
2009 Kawasaki KLX-250S too many mods for this signature
1999 Honda Accord EX 4-cylinder, 17" Motegi Wheels 215/45/17 Sumitomo tires, Tein S-Tech lowering springs, KYB GR2 shocks, Acura TL 20mm rear swaybar, debadged, blackhoused headlights, Short-Ram Intake
Cardomain of the Accord
cliffsta is offline   Reply With Quote