The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2006, 11:01 AM   #1
mstrgrn

Guages

Well i am now ready to put in my new autometer guages. I have never worked on or installed any guages, so any tips on hooking them up would be great, but i think i have most of them except a few questions. My truck never had guages in it, just the wiring harness. Does anyone have a skematic of which color wire does what? Or at least which posistion does what.

I do not have any wires at the sending unit for my fuel tank. How does this hook up?

Also i have a TH350 Trans, and a new speedo cable. I put the trans in over the last weekend and am now putting in the new speedo. The cable does not hook up. Its almost like the speedo cable is holding itself up from getting to the guages. There is a stopper on the cable and it is too short so the threads never reach the speedo. Have any of you had this trouble with any speedo cables, in case it matters I got the cable from Brothers

Thanks for the help
mstrgrn is offline   Reply With Quote