The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2006, 06:29 PM   #1
Sick72c10

Need Opinions...on a 72' restore?

This is my first post here, hopefully more to come. There seems to be tons of information on here. Very nice site.

Well I am looking at a 72 c10 or at least I am told a 72. Not sure what the differences are. Anyways, its seems to be to be a solid truck. The only rusty spots being on the bed steps, passenger door, and the front inner fender areas. Everything else looks fairly good. The rain gutters are a little rusty but do not seem to be rotted yet. Inside is pretty nice, the doorsills seem pretty rusty but not sure if that’s the actual screw-on sills or underneath on the actual floor.

Its a 6 cylinder, with a 3 speed on the tree, 75,000 orig miles. Its at a garage where I am friendly with the owners and its been sitting for as long as I can remember. The reason it sits now is because the gas tank leaks and water got in. So to run it, supposedly it would only need a new tank and carb rebuild. Plus the normal other things I would have to do for a truck that sat for so long.

I guess my questions are...

-Is this truck worth $2,0000?
-How hard would a V8/auto tranny swap be?
-Anything else I should check for?
-Last..how hard a fleetside beds to come by, I would pefer one...

Some pics...

Any other info that would be useful I would love to know.

Thanks,

~Kevin
Sick72c10 is offline   Reply With Quote