The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2006, 02:02 PM   #1
soonrfish

sickening

a good high school buddy of mine had a 69 chevy 396 that was orange and white. absolutely beautiful truck that ran awesome. after graduation and for some insane reason, he decided to sell this truck.

well, last night i saw the truck at a stoplight for the first time in years. it was in horrible shape. had small dents and scratches all over the body and the tires were completely bald. still sounded good, but as it took off it was pouring out smoke. i know this is the exact truck because it had the orange rhino lining and the same 396 decal in the window. the truck is a two tone orange/ white, but my buddy had the top of the cab painted orange. not many of those like that out there.

looks like a high school kid was driving it, but not taking the same care of it. made me just sick to see such a beautiful truck that has been torn apart like that. im sure its going to make him sick when/if i tell him because he kicks himself all the time for letting it go.