The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2006, 10:22 PM   #26
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Re: I want your opinions

Yes... I was kidding.
I would get rid of those wheels with the quickness, a good wax job and seat and floor repair/cover as stated before... but, personally, there is one thing that bugs the crap outa me...
You're missing a clearance light. They aren't stock, this is obviouse, but there's supposed to be 5, and yours just grabs my eye big time.

Drive it for the next month, and make a list of what bugs you the most. Look at your list;
anything that is safety related gets a #1, say, split rims or belts floppin out of the tires.
anything dependability related, #2 like the points BS in your dist cap, or parishable parts that are ready to parish.
Anything comfort, #3 like the seat and floor repair/cover
Anything to preserve the truck's condition, #4 like the windshield or seam sealer on the roof that leaks water
(note... #3 and #4 can be swapped around)
Finally, anything that is simply astetic.... just form, stiff with little or NO function.... #5 Like painting the bumpers.

That list will be the best way to figure where to throw your money.
Labor... like wash and wax, can be done when there is no money to throw at it. Spray bomb detailing can be thrown into the broke weekend repairs too since you can do it so cheap, and you probably already have the stuff on hen. And for the record, IMO on the grill/bumper/wheel... white can not be beat on these things. Try it, and check it out... if I'm wrong, you're out 15 bucks and a day huffin fumes. White gives an old truck vibe, a classy vibe, and a stock vibe.

Last edited by Longhorn Man; 06-30-2006 at 10:27 PM.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote