The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2006, 01:25 PM   #1
RunTMCfan

When on a grade gas is inconsistant-

Hey guys,

I'm a regular in the 69-72 Blazer section. But I also own a 74' 3/4ton long bed 4x4. Standard stuff ya know 350/350 with a 205 and 14bolt. This is my weekend warrior Home Depot/Dump run truck.

A few weeks back I parked on a hill in my back lot (front bumper high). The thing wouldn't start. Put in a new fuel pump (hack saw blade technique is sweeeet) and it still wouldn't start.

My friend who's a killer mechanic pulled the fuel line leading to the pump, no gas! He blew into it and cleared the line. Possibly a blockage. Either way it started up and no problems. I probably didn't have a bad fuel pump.

Just yesterday I parked in the same spot to load up some junk. The engine started sputtering. This is a spot that requires 4-low to pop out of. On a number of attempts to pop out of the spot the engine would almost die from lack of fuel???

What gives?

I have an Edelbrock Carb. The engine has never not ran except for the fuel problems a few weeks back. It's a solid motor. Is it possible my carb needs to be rebuilt?