The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2006, 11:51 PM   #1
robsm88

4-link and pinion angle

Hello guys, I picked up my ART 4-link setup from Nathan and Porterbuilt today. I just have to say, very impressive work going on down there. I am in the process of getting my chassis ready for the GenIII 6.0l and 4L80E. I have basically gutted the truck. I want the chassis completely redone before I drop the motor in.
Ok, so here is my problem.
I initially planned to just flip the rear axle to get my rear drop. So I cut off the saddles, flipped it and popped in the new saddles in place. The saddles were just held tight by the u bolts until I would be ready to drop in the motor and set my angle. Then I would weld it. But I was not happy with that setup and decided on a 4-link with bags.
But now, I need to get the 4 link in and set up. This is a weld in kit. Would it be ok to weld it in with the pinion level? Then adjust the angle with the 4 link when the motor and driveline are in place. I allready pulled off my leaf springs and mounts. So basically, the truck is in the garage and can't be moved to install the engine even if I wanted to until the 4 link is at least tacked in place.
Thanks guys.
robsm88 is offline   Reply With Quote