The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2006, 07:03 AM   #1
Kantosensei

Will I be thrown off the board?

I am about to desecrate the inside of my Blazer. I am going to put Toyota captain chairs in the front and bench seat in the back. I would never do this if I had a local wrecking yard with American cars. I have to go for Japanese inspection soon and have to have headrests for all seats except rear middle. The first time around I used duct tape, yes duct tape, to put headrest on all of the the seats. At that time it did not matter, I just had to have them. Now there are new laws and they must be part of the seats. I had to junk my wifes Toyota Estima van, which had less than 60,000 kilometers on it, due to the fact it was going to cost me approximately $1200 to repair the A/C and $500 for new tires (Japanese prices are outrageous and it was a perfectly good car). So, I bought another Toyota Estima van with 40,000 kilometers that is extra clean for $1900 (Americans can buy used cars dirt cheap here) and took the seats out of my old one, by the way they match the existing interior of the Blazer, and I will install them this weekend. They will need only slight modifications and I will give everyone the specs and "how to" and I will find out the U.S. version of the van too if I am not kicked off of the board for ruining the integrity of the heatbeat of America. P.S. I will put the original seats in storage until my return to the U.S.
Kantosensei is offline   Reply With Quote