The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2006, 08:31 PM   #1
b454rat

Need motivation!!!

OK, I haven't touched my 62 4wd burban in months. Last thing I did to it was put the axles in it. But I still need to get new brakes, cylinders, u-bolts, and lines for the rear axle. Need studs too. I have the 400, the flwheel, the trans/case, new hydro clutch stuff, got the vacuum booster and M/C, need to take the old one off, line it up, drill some holes, and hopefully will go on without a mjor ordeal. Have the power steering box and kit. Then I need to drop the t-case and brackets, pull the HO307 and 3-speed and driveshafts. Getting new shafts won't be a big deal, buddy owns a yard. Then on the front I need the spindle bolts/nuts, both inner and outer axle shafts, clean and repack the bearings, and get the nuts for the hub, along with some lockouts. Getting the parts won't be a problem if I can remember them when I go to the j/y. It's at my folks house, and I know they would at least like to see it mobile, so it can move need be. Also need to get a new gastank and straps. When I pulled the 3/4 ton axles out, I had it on jackstands, and somehow it fell. Looked kinda cool, like a slammed burban since it was laying on the frame!!! But when it fell it hit the tank, dented it and broke the homemade straps. Luckily thats all it did. So, is there anyone near me that can kink me in the a$$ and get me motivated?? I could probly drive it this summer, but figure one thing at a time.
b454rat is offline   Reply With Quote