The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2006, 09:14 PM   #1
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

What did you get done?

I actually had a weekend off for a change and I was in town. I spent most of Saturday getting things done on my wife's 03 Denali XL. I took it to Jiffy Lube and had the oil changed, and state inspection done. Then I took it and had the tires balanced and rotated.

Since I was near a GMC dealership I stopped in to see if they had any 07 Denali XL's in stock. They just got one in so I took it for a drive. This one was Sport Red Metallic (Maroon) with graphite leather.

I was impressed with the new Vortec 6.2 (380 hp @ 5700/ 417 tq @4300). It had smooth power through out my full throttle blasts, and actually hauled that big land yacht up to speed rather quickly.

Saturday afternoon I bought a longer alternator belt for the 77. I was determined that I was not going to be defeated this time. I headed home and pulled my new bag of belts out. I had to play with the A/C belt to get it on correctly, but I finally put the 77 back together.

While I was doing this I noticed what looked like fresh motor oil on the front of the crossmember. Fortunately I had talked to n2billet earlier in the day and he said it might be the power steering hose leaking. It turned out he was right.

The power steering pump had a bit of fluid on the bottom. I tightened the low pressure hose clamps and wiped everything clean. Now I need to test it out on the road to see if that fixed it.

I dusted the truck of and hit the road. I went to a local cruise spot and hung out. The cars were hot and so was the weather. Even at 10:30 pm it was still hot out.

Today I worked in the yard all day. I had a crew come over and we trimmed/weeded all my beds. Dang it was hot....

What did you get done?

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 07-16-2006 at 09:15 PM.